present – tim, gautier, rita, john, judith, claire, joanna, nikolai, ben, rebecca (anyone else, sorry i didn’t get yer name)
agenda was –
- shea butter
- radical routes
- skill sharing with newer workers in coop
1. shea butter – we decided to try selling some shea butter from this womens coop, starting with 3 tubs.
AP judith to email sellers and request these
2. radical routes – becoming a RADICAL ROUTES coop was discussed – check out their website at www.radicalroutes.org.uk . Although joining will be an ongoing process, the proposal of joining RR was not blocked by anyone present at the meeting and so further discussions about joining are going to happen. Anyone interested in talking more about the proposal should come to these future meetings aye!!
AP to be a radical routes coop by the end of the academic year (June)
3. ordering – we need to find out what the minimum order is for free delivery from lembas. we decided to limit personal orders to a maximum of £50, or 5 items.
AP joanna is gonna write this on front of the ordering book
AP nikolai and anjela are gonna get in on with some ordering skill shares so more people can help
4. AGM – An AGM has been organised for the 28th April, which is the second wednesday back after hols. This is to find a new coordinator and for people to hand over their roles.
AP rita’s gonna make publicity
AP nikolai’s gonna inform the union of the AGM
5. website –
AP nikolai’s gonna make an easily findable link to the philosophy / ethos of the coop, that everyone can edit.
AP … and a website-making skillshare workshop
6. membership – we thought it would be right on to have coop membership carry a little more weight, so we is gonna design some membership cards with the coops ethos and principles on it, that people can take away with them and feel more member-lyke
AP ben, tim and john to get on designing membership cards
7. skill sharing with newer workers in coop – we reckoned it is a good idea for more experienced coop members to pop by the coop throughout the week when there are new people working, to give em a smile and a check everything’s alright, go through stuff in more detail if they have the time etc.
AP oldies to make trips down to the coop when they can to share their skills!