Royal Park School is in need of a nice big, green, clean-up!
Any eager, green-fingered folk are needed to help clear rubbish, sort out the flower beds, and generally make the garden lovely again.
Meet at 12.30 at the Hyde Park allotments, to help carry down some tools, or at 1pm at the School (on Royal Park Road) opposite the Royal Park Pub.
We plan to stay until it gets dark, around 4pm, but feel free to pop down at any time… all helping hands are welcome!
Come along for food and merriment from 4pm this Saturday at the new Royal Park primary community space, opposite the Royal Park Pub!
There will be lots of grub but bring some along too if ye want, if you want to help prepare were cooking from 12.
A good chance to see this amazing space and start thinking about all the amazing things we can do with it. There will be activities going on all day including circus skill, sports, gardening and more so come along!! and bring instruments!! and eating devices!!
If any of you fancy a trip over to sunny Sheffield an as yet un-named social centre has just opened in a squatted building in the Broomhill area…
- It’s Pisgah House on Pisgah House Road (yes, it’s that special), Broomhill, S10 5BJ
- Pretty easy to cycle to from the train station. Or you can take a number 52 bus from the centre of town to just past Broomhill at Hoole Road and it’s a two minute walk from there.
- A programme of workshops, discussions, gigs, tasty food and the like is planned for the first fortnight. Take a look at the events page on the website and if you have any ideas for something you’d like to organise then email email@example.com, call 07729575582, or visit.
- It’s a non-hierarchical, anti-capitalist space based on a number of core principles: co-operation and mutual aid, openness and inclusion, voluntary participation and shared responsibility.
- The place itself (Pisgah House) dates from the 1820s and is amazing and quite special. It’s a beautiful building that used to be part of the University’s music department and comes complete with stained glass windows, two pianos and an impressive rail of costumes… The area around it is locally referred to as the secret gardens and they’re definitely worth exploring. In 2007 local residents defeated a planning application by property developers Miller Homes to demolish all of the buildings on the site (phew).
So that’s all for now, have a look at the website for events or just come along! Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07729575582.
a 90’s themed night.. a night of cheesy dance tunes and floresent outfits!
9-late at 120 meanwood road
donations on the door
benefit for rossport solidarity camp and squat network