We’re doing a consultation on the accessibility of Green Action, and we’ve been asking questions about barriers to accessibility and involvement with our society and activities.
This could include anything from not coming to the allotment because you don’t know where it is, feeling shy about speaking to people at events, accessibility issues, or anything else.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the following points:
- Which barriers prevent you or people you know from getting involved, or more involved in Green Action?
- What could help to change this?
Please leave your comments either anonymously (in the box at the food co-op, or online via this form), or with your contact if you’d like some feedback.
Also let us know if you’d like to signal your interest in playing an active part in this change process.
A dedicated core of Green Actioners met to discuss current status and issues for Green Action. The minutes are in a PowerPoint below. Please check them out and respond accordingly!
GA Gen Assembly March 17 2015
It’s an open dinner invitation to all…
A selection of mains; bean patties, falafel and tzatziki, with a
Mediterranean couscous salad. Followed by our desert of date truffle bites
“Cheap, nutritious, vegan and environmentally friendly.”
Learn (and eat!) how to make our delicious meals using ingredients from our co-op. A great chance to join Green Action and meet new people.
Come join us on 19th February at 5:30pm-7:30pm in the Common Room, Leeds University Union, Basement (back of hidden cafe). This is a free event.
Come to the food co-op for more information, union basement next to Santander.
Start: 5.40pm Annmarie, Jenny, Georgie, Christa, Marcel, (Ryan Smith – Artist)
- Mural design
- not intimidating
- not just rabbit food
- not just explanation of who we are – more like art
- Have 2-4 colours
- Considered lots of nuts spilling over
- We all liked either the idea of a large figurative central tree with the branches becoming different things
- Or all underground , having a network of ‘grassroots’ becoming different things or being filled with cool shapes
We all liked the roots idea, ‘grassroots’ and as shop is underground, but didn’t want it to be too literal browns and greens. ACTION – GEORGIE PRINTS BASIC OUTLINE SKETCH AND BRINGS TO GENERAL MEETING TO BE SHARED ROUND WITH PENS TO GET EVERYONES IDEAS
- Did the Shopping List for what’s to be ordered on Thursday together.
- Not buying quinoa until a fairtrade supplier is found
- Need to print info on failed Apricot crop for black folder – ACTION?
- Pistachios were not delivered. ACTION – JENNY CALLS LEMBAS ABOUT PISTACHIOS
- Would be easier if we had master list of basic stock – ACTION – ANNMARIE ASK MARCEL TO SENT IT AROUND
- Joel is leaving so Jenny will do the orders with Bissera
- Membership Cards
ACTION – CHRISTA TO PRINT MEMBERSHIP INFO ONTO LABELS OR PAPER
It is not good for the coop for entire stock to be sold.
ACTION – ANNMARIE INVITE ELLIE TO DISCUSS AN ARRANGEMENT. CAN ONLY BUY UP TO HALF OF ORDERED QUANTITY OF FOODCOOP STOCK
- Looked at Loomio threads
TRJFP – space has been booked for a stall on Tuesdays. ACTION – JENNY WILL ARRANGE WITH TRJFP INSURANCE FOR STALL, then we will invite people to man the stall
Snacks – Orderers just need to take the consensus into account – up to 5 snack bars, savoury pastries ordered. Will discuss more flapjacks from That Old Chestnut next time. No more crisps until discussed at foodhub.