What do we do?
Green Action is a Leeds University Union Society which has been around for over 20 years, with hundreds of people finding how they want to contribute to and change their communities through practical environmentalism.
As well as organising socials, events and workshops we run a Food Co-op together in the Union, an allotment in Hyde park and are working towards setting up a student housing co-op!
To keep up-to-date with what’s happening in Leeds NOW, please see our facebook page.
Who are we?
We’re a coop of a big group of people interested in the environment and social change be that : food, housing, transport or growing but who share an underlying philosophy. This has tried to be summarised in our Constitution and Ethics.
This website includes lots of posts from over the years, like resources
- for activists – with flyers, posters, ideas e.t.c.
- to help new members of Leeds University see what has been achieved.
- To show other universities what is possible.
There are two ‘Books’ made by GA members
- Green Guide: Towards sustainable living in Leeds.
- Things Green Action: a manual on how Green Action is run.
- Alternative Leeds university library: a library of books at Leeds library that are good reads for Green Action members!
How to get involved:
Come to meetings and socials and volunteer at the coop! To find out about when things are happening see the facebook page.
Please feel free to message the facebook page with any and all questions!
Green Action has become a network of likeminded students and graduates, the mailing list is busy but lets you hear about lots of great things that are happening in Leeds:
To join the allotment mailing list send a blank email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We try to get down to the allotment once a week 🙂
Hopefully see you soon! xxx